Terms and conditions of booking
Download a copy of the terms and conditions [PDF, 72KB]
The below sections set out the basis of the full agreement between you, the client, and your assigned make-up artist and/or hair stylist, and therefore it is essential that you read these fully. Should you have any queries please contact us before accepting. This contract is governed by the law of England and Wales. By proceeding to book, you are accepting these terms and they will be incorporated into your agreement.
- The Client: the recipient of the services listed on the confirmation invoice.
- Assigned make-up artist : the artist named on your confirmation invoice.
- The Agreement: the contract that exists between the client and the assigned makeup artist for the agreed services and for the agreed fee.
- The services: the consultation appointments and make-up and hair appointments arranged under this agreement and provided for the set fee.
- The fee: the amount payable by the client to the assigned makeup artist for the services provided.
- Final appointment: the time set aside before the event whereby the services set out on the confirmation invoice will be provided to the client.
- Balance Due Date: the date on which all monies owed on this booking must be paid to the assigned make-up artist.
3. The contract
- Until receipt of the deposit all bookings are provisional.
- The contract shall be between the client and the assigned make-up artist for the services set out on the confirmation invoice, for the fee detailed on the confirmation invoice and will be effective from the date of confirmation of booking.
- The client must indicate on their booking form their preferred method of contact for all issues relating to this booking, but not limited to those set out within this agreement.
4. Payments by the client
- The client must pay a deposit of 25% of the total cost of the booking to confirm the booking. Upon receipt of such payment, you will receive your confirmation invoice.
- The confirmation invoice will set out the balance due date by which date the fee specified must be paid to us. Failure to pay may result in action being taken to recover money owed.
- Should the client have any issues with payments, they must contact their assigned make-up artist as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Deposit payments can be made in the following forms: cheque or bank transfer. It is recommended that any payments sent by post should be sent by a recorded or next day delivery service and that you retain the relevant tracking number to confirm receipt by us. Such payments sent by post are only “made” when they are received by Louise Lunn. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Details are available on request when payments are to be made to the assigned make-up artist and.
- Payments by bank transfer can only be made to Louise Lunn – details available on request.
5. Services to be provided under this contract
- The assigned make-up artist shall provide the services with reasonable care and skill following consultation with the client regarding their specific needs.
- There is no obligation for the assigned make-up artist to offer a minimum number of consultations or appointments before the final appointment, the actual number provided will depend on the individual needs of the client and determined following the initial consultation. These may be subject to change, should this occur, the client will be informed through their preferred method of contact at least 24 hours before the appointment time and an alternative arranged.
- The assigned make-up artist shall take all reasonable care to perform the services in a professional manner, to be polite and helpful to the client in the provision of the services.
- The products to be used during the final appointment shall be provided by the assigned make-up artist unless other arrangements are agreed.
6. Travel expenses
Due to the personal service provided, it will be necessary for your assigned make-up artist to travel to the location to provide the services. All efforts have been made to keep these costs to a minimum. The round trip costs are set out below:
- 0 – 20 miles: no charge
- 21 – 40 miles: £20 charge
- 41 – 60 miles: £30 charge
- 61 – 80 miles: £45 charge
- 81 – 100 miles: £60 charge
- 101 miles + : to be negotiated
7. Responsibilities of the client
- The client shall inform the make-up artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment and or products at the time of booking. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The assigned make-up artist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the client’s failure to inform them of any known condition.
- The client shall inform the assigned make-up artist as soon as reasonably practicable but not less than 24 hours of any cancellations of consultations or appointments. Failure to provide the requisite notice will result in the relevant charges being added to your account.
- The client shall pay the deposit and the balance listed on the confirmation invoice by the due dates listed on their confirmation invoice. Failure to pay the deposit will result in the booking being released. The balance must be paid upon completion of the work at the final appointment. Failure to pay the balance at this time will result in action being taken to recover the money owed under the agreement and any costs incurred in this regard will be added onto the invoice.
8. Cancellations by you
- Should you wish to cancel your provisional booking before the deposit is paid no charges will be levied but the date will be released.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking after the deposit has been paid charges will be added to your account that will reflect the reasonable costs and losses incurred by the assigned make-up artist.
- Cancellation 29 day s or earlier from the date of final appointment = loss of deposit.
- Cancellation between 15 and 28 days from the date of final appointment = cancellation charge equivalent to 50% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellation between 8 and 14 days from the date of the final appointment = cancellation charge equivalent to 75% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellation within 7 days of the final appointment = cancellation charge equivalent to 100% of the total cost of the booking.
- Should the client wish to cancel this booking at any stage written notice must be given either to [address and/or email]. Cancellation will take effect from the date of receipt of the written cancellation and you will receive written confirmation of your cancellation and any cancellation charges that may have been levied. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt therefore the client is advised to check that the cancellation has been received.
9. Cancellations by us
- Until the deposit is received, no booking, provisional or otherwise is made.
- Once we confirm your booking, the date will be reserved for you. Your assigned make-up artist will attend the date and provide the services listed. Should any problems arise, you will be informed as soon as reasonably practicable by your preferred method of contact. Your assigned make-up artist will do all that they reasonably can to fulfill the obligations to you. However in the unlikely event that the problem renders the performance of their obligations impossible it may be necessary to cancel the booking. Should this occur we will contact you by phone or email, and make every reasonable effort to assist you in making alternative arrangements.
10. Our liability to you
Your assigned make-up artist will do all that is reasonable to attend your final appointment to perform the services agreed. However:-
- Should your assigned make-up artist fail to attend your final appointment without notice, we will do all that we reasonably can to assist you in finding alternative arrangements. In this case our liability is limited to reasonable expenses incurred in seeking alternative services of the same nature. In any event the amount is limited to the cost of the original booking.
- Should your assigned make-up artist provide notice to you that they are unable to attend your final appointment we will do all that we reasonably can to assist you in relation to finding alternative arrangements and your assigned make-up artist we will return the monies paid to them at that time for services due to be performed.
All information provided by the client shall be treated with the requisite confidentiality and will only be available to the booking company and the assigned make-up artist . Your personal details will not be made available to any other company without your express written agreement.
- It is recommended that the client makes themselves familiar with the services to be provided and the products to be used.
- It is recommended that the client takes out the requisite insurance, for example wedding insurance to assist should any problems arise.
- It is recommended that the client provides contact details that will allow the assigned make-up artist to contact you at any reasonable time and one that the client would have regular access to check for messages.