Terms and conditions of booking
Download a copy of the terms and conditions [PDF, 70KB]
- The Client: the recipient of the services listed on the confirmation invoice.
- Make-up artist : the artist named on your confirmation invoice.
- The Agreement: the contract that exists between the client and the make-up artist for the agreed services and for the agreed fee.
- The services: the consultation appointments and make-up appointments arranged under this agreement and provided for the set fee.
- The fee: the amount payable by the client to the makeup artist for the services provided.
- Final appointment: the time set aside before the event whereby the services set out on the confirmation invoice will be provided to the client.
- Balance Due Date: the date on which all monies owed on this booking must be paid to the make-up artist.
3. The contract
- Until receipt of the deposit all bookings are provisional. Arranging a trial does not reserve the make-up artist’s services for the event.
- The contract shall be between the client and the make-up artist for the services set out on the confirmation invoice, for the fee detailed on the confirmation invoice and will be effective from the date of confirmation of booking.
- The client must indicate on their booking form their preferred method of contact for all issues relating to this booking, but not limited to those set out within this agreement.
- The price agreed at the time of booking is final. If the price list changes at all, the client’s booking will not be affected.
All discounts and special offers are agreed at the time of booking based on the size of the party. If the number or party changes any discounts will no longer be applicable and full current pricing will be charged
- If there is a change to the number of clients booked then a new price will be calculated, any discounts or special offers will no longer be valid if the booking number is reduced.
4. Payments by the client
- The client must pay a deposit of 25% of the total cost of the booking to confirm the booking. Upon receipt of such payment, the client will receive their confirmation invoice. Failure to pay the deposit will result in the booking date being released. Deposit payments can be made by Bacs or cash. Cheque, credit/debit card or PayPal is not accepted.
- The confirmation invoice will set out the balance due date by which time the fee specified must be paid. The balance must be paid in full at least 7 days before the event. Failure to pay the fee within the stated time will result in the event being cancelled by Louise Lunn Make-up with charges applicable (refer to 8b).
- Should the client have any issues with payments, they must contact their make-up artist as soon as reasonably practicable.
5. Services to be provided under this contract
- The make-up artist shall provide the services with reasonable care and skill following consultation with the client regarding their specific needs. The trial consultation will take place at Rosemount, Wetherby Road, Knaresborough, HG5 8LN.
- There is no obligation for the make-up artist to offer a minimum number of consultations or appointments before the final appointment, the actual number provided will depend on the individual needs of the client and determined following the initial consultation. If another trial is required then the set fee will apply. The trial consultation may be subject to change, should this occur the client will be informed through their preferred method of contact with at least 24 hours notice if reasonably practicable, and an alternative arranged.
- The make-up artist shall take all reasonable care to perform the services in a professional manner, to be polite and helpful to the client in the provision of the services.
- The products to be used during the final appointment shall be provided by the make-up artist unless other arrangements are agreed.
6. Travel expenses
- 0 – 20 miles: no charge
- 21 – 40 miles: £20 charge
- 41 – 60 miles: £30 charge
- 61 – 80 miles: £45 charge
- 81 – 100 miles: £60 charge
- 101 miles + : to be negotiated
7. Responsibilities of the client
- The client shall inform the make-up artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment and or products at the time of booking. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The make-up artist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the client’s failure to inform them of any known condition.
8. Cancellations by the client
- Should the client wish to cancel the provisional booking before the deposit is paid no charges will be levied but the date will be released.
- Should the client wish to cancel the booking after the deposit has been paid charges will be added to the client’s account that will reflect the reasonable costs and losses incurred by the make-up artist.
- Cancellation 29 days or earlier from the date of final appointment = loss of deposit.
- Cancellation between 15 and 28 days from the date of final appointment = cancellation charge equivalent to 50% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellation between 8 and 14 days from the date of the final appointment = cancellation charge equivalent to 75% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellation within 7 days of the final appointment = cancellation charge equivalent to 100% of the total cost of the booking.
- Should the client wish to cancel this booking at any stage, written notice must be emailed to: email@example.com. Cancellation will take effect from the date of receipt of the written cancellation and you will receive written confirmation of your cancellation and any cancellation charges that may have been levied.
9. Cancellations by the make-up artist
- Until the deposit is received, no booking, provisional or otherwise is made.
- Once the booking is confirmed, the date will be reserved for the client. The make-up artist will attend the date and provide the services listed. Should any problems arise, the client will be informed as soon as reasonably practicable by the preferred method of contact. The make-up artist will do all that is reasonable to fulfill the obligations. However in the unlikely event that the problem renders the performance of their obligations impossible it may be necessary to cancel the booking. Should this occur we will contact the client by phone or email and make every reasonable effort to assist the client in making alternative arrangements.
10. Our liability to you
- Should the make-up artist fail to attend the final appointment without notice, every effort will be made to assist the client in finding alternative arrangements. In this case liability is limited to reasonable expenses incurred in seeking alternative services of the same nature. In any event the amount is limited to the cost of the original booking deposit.
- Should the make-up artist provide notice that they are unable to attend the final appointment every reasonable effort will be made to assist the client to find alternative arrangements and the make-up artist will return the monies paid at that time for services due to be performed.
b. Photography – after obtaining consent from the client and photographer the make-up artist may use any photography for publicity purposes which include but are not limited to the make-up artists website and social media pages. If the client prefers the photos to be removed at a later stage requests should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is recommended that the client makes themselves familiar with the services to be provided and the products to be used.
- It is recommended that the client takes out the requisite insurance, for example wedding insurance, to assist should any problems arise.
- It is recommended that the client provides contact details to facilitate contact at any reasonable time.